That these are the last days, the end times foretold in the Bible there can be no doubt. And one of the main ways we know this is the abundance of false prophecies clogging up the Internet.
“For the time will come when they will not endure sound doctrine; but after their own lusts shall they heap to themselves teachers, having itching ears; And they shall turn away their ears from the truth, and shall be turned unto fables.” 2 Timothy 4:2,3 (KJV)
An Internet-based prophecy group, End Times Prophecies, say that doomsday will occur as ‘the second coming of Jesus Christ coincides with a magnetic polar flip.’ When do they forecast this to occur? Why, they say it will “surely happen” tonight as the twin events of the Second Coming of Jesus coincides with the flipping of the North and South poles. What should you do about it?
Nothing. There is not one chance in a hundred million it will happen.
Why The World Will Surely End Tonight, July 29th, 2016 (rolling my eyes):
Watch their short video on why they say the ‘end of the world’ will be tonight, and then read our reasons from the Bible below why it absolutely cannot happen tonight, or any time in about, oh, less than the next thousands years.
The video as seen above, which has had over five million views, claims that a magnetic polar flip will trigger worldwide earthquakes and a ‘rolling cloud’ that will destroy the world. Deep within the Earth, a fierce molten core is generating a magnetic field capable of defending our planet against devastating solar winds.
This all sounds good and ‘exciting’, I’m sure, to a lot of people. But to Bible believers who read and believe what is written in the pages of the King James Bible, we know that the events laid out here in this video do not match in any way with what the Bible actually teaches. Please note the following.
End times events as laid out in the King James Bible timeline:
The Bible says very clearly what we can expect and the order we can expect it in.
- The Church must fall away from the truth: The mainstream Christian church is in ruins, with money-grubbing and falsely-prophesying Prosperity Movement liars everywhere you look. “Let no man deceive you by any means: for that day shall not come, except there come a falling away first, and that man of sin be revealed, the son of perdition;” 2 Thessalonians 2:3 (KJV). That sets the stage for the BIG event that happens after that, namely the Rapture of the Church as seen here:
- The Pretribulation Rapture of the Church: The Bible says clearly that after the falling away from the truth and the revelation of Antichrist, Jesus Christ pulls His redeemed Church up and into the clouds in the Rapture. “For the Lord himself shall descend from heaven with a shout, with the voice of the archangel, and with the trump of God: and the dead in Christ shall rise first: Then we which are alive and remain shall be caught up together with them in the clouds, to meet the Lord in the air: and so shall we ever be with the Lord. Wherefore comfort one another with these words.” 1 Thessalonians 4:16-18 (KJV). You can read a lot more about the Rapture by clicking here.
- The Rise of Antichrist and the Rebuilt Temple in Israel: After the Church is removed, it will usher in what many people refer to as the Great Tribulation, but the Bible calls it ‘the time of Jacob’s trouble’ as seen here. “Alas! for that day is great, so that none is like it: it is even the time of Jacob’s trouble; but he shall be saved out of it.” Jeremiah 30:7 (KJV). Jeremiah was on the scene with the prophet Daniel who said that the Temple would be in existence when the Antichrist ruled. “And he shall confirm the covenant with many for one week: and in the midst of the week he shall cause the sacrifice and the oblation to cease, and for the overspreading of abominations he shall make it desolate, even until the consummation, and that determined shall be poured upon the desolate.” Daniel 9:27 (KJV). Jesus in Matthew 24, backing up Daniel, also prophesied that the Temple would be rebuilt at that time. “When ye therefore shall see the abomination of desolation, spoken of by Daniel the prophet, stand in the holy place, (whoso readeth, let him understand:)” Matthew 24:15 (KJV)
- Judgments Begin Falling Upon the Earth: In the active phase of the time of Jacob’s trouble, God pours out His Judgments on the dwellers of the Earth. 7 Seal Judgments, 7 Bowl Judgments and 7 Vial Judgments just to name a few. This send the population into a tailspin as noted here: “And the heaven departed as a scroll when it is rolled together; and every mountain and island were moved out of their places. And the kings of the earth, and the great men, and the rich men, and the chief captains, and the mighty men, and every bondman, and every free man, hid themselves in the dens and in the rocks of the mountains; And said to the mountains and rocks, Fall on us, and hide us from the face of him that sitteth on the throne, and from the wrath of the Lamb: For the great day of his wrath is come; and who shall be able to stand?” Revelation 6:14-17 (KJV). You will note the incredible array of events we have mentioned so far, spread out over a number of years, and Jesus has still not returned yet at this point. Wow. But let’s keep going.
- The Battle of Armageddon: Many books in the Bible talk about this one, and you will find it in Zechariah 14 and Ezekiel 39 specifically. “Behold, the day of the LORD cometh, and thy spoil shall be divided in the midst of thee. For I will gather all nations against Jerusalem to battle; and the city shall be taken, and the houses rifled, and the women ravished; and half of the city shall go forth into captivity, and the residue of the people shall not be cut off from the city. Then shall the LORD go forth, and fight against those nations, as when he fought in the day of battle. And his feet shall stand in that day upon the mount of Olives, which is before Jerusalem on the east, and the mount of Olives shall cleave in the midst thereof toward the east and toward the west, and there shall be a very great valley; and half of the mountain shall remove toward the north, and half of it toward the south.” Zechariah 14:1-4 (KJV). And Who shows up to fight for God Almighty? Glad you asked, because now we have the Second Coming.
- The Second Coming of Jesus Christ: Here it is – “And I saw heaven opened, and behold a white horse; and he that sat upon him was called Faithful and True, and in righteousness he doth judge and make war. His eyes were as a flame of fire, and on his head were many crowns; and he had a name written, that no man knew, but he himself. And he was clothed with a vesture dipped in blood: and his name is called The Word of God. And the armies which were in heaven followed him upon white horses, clothed in fine linen, white and clean. And out of his mouth goeth a sharp sword, that with it he should smite the nations: and he shall rule them with a rod of iron: and he treadeth the winepress of the fierceness and wrath of Almighty God. And he hath on his vesture and on his thigh a name written, KING OF KINGS, AND LORD OF LORDS.” Revelation 19:11-16 (KJV). But all this does not “usher in the end of the world”. Not by a long shot. What it does usher in the Millennial Reign of Jesus Christ as King reigning from Jerusalem.
- The Thousand Year Reign of Jesus Christ: Jesus Christ will rule the Earth from a literal, visible, physical Throne in Jerusalem over a literal, actual, 1,000 year period of time. “And I saw thrones, and they sat upon them, and judgment was given unto them: and I saw the souls of them that were beheaded for the witness of Jesus, and for the word of God, and which had not worshipped the beast, neither his image, neither had received his mark upon their foreheads, or in their hands; and they lived and reigned with Christ a thousand years. But the rest of the dead lived not again until the thousand years were finished. This is the first resurrection. Blessed and holy is he that hath part in the first resurrection: on such the second death hath no power, but they shall be priests of God and of Christ, and shall reign with him a thousand years.” Revelation 20:4-6 (KJV)
- The Battle of Gog and Magog: Then we have another battle which is rather short, the Battle of Gog and Magog. “And when the thousand years are expired, Satan shall be loosed out of his prison, And shall go out to deceive the nations which are in the four quarters of the earth, Gog and Magog, to gather them together to battle: the number of whom is as the sand of the sea.” Revelation 20:7,8 (KJV). End of the world? Nope, not yet. One more big event first.
- The Great White Throne Judgment: After Satan is finally put down, for good this time, a judgement of all the souls in Hell takes place. The Bible calls it the Great White Throne Judgment. “And I saw a great white throne, and him that sat on it, from whose face the earth and the heaven fled away; and there was found no place for them. And I saw the dead, small and great, stand before God; and the books were opened: and another book was opened, which is the book of life: and the dead were judged out of those things which were written in the books, according to their works.” Revelation 20:11,12 (KJV). Whew! Tired yet? You should be, but take heart because NOW it’s the end of the world.
- The Earth Destroyed and Remade For Eternity: After all this, then God blows the universe to smithereens, and builds a brand, new one that has no trace or stain of sin in it. “But the day of the Lord will come as a thief in the night; in the which the heavens shall pass away with a great noise, and the elements shall melt with fervent heat, the earth also and the works that are therein shall be burned up. Seeing then that all these things shall be dissolved, what manner of persons ought ye to be in all holy conversation and godliness, Looking for and hasting unto the coming of the day of God, wherein the heavens being on fire shall be dissolved, and the elements shall melt with fervent heat?Nevertheless we, according to his promise, look for new heavens and a new earth, wherein dwelleth righteousness.” 2 Peter 3:10-13 (KJV).
These are just the highlights of the events that must take place before the end of the world. There is more that in the interest of time and the average reader’s short attention span have been left out, like the Judgement Seat of Christ and the Marriage Supper of the Lamb.
So the next time some false prophet wants to scare you into thinking that the “end of the world” is about to happen, please share this brief timeline with them first and then see what they say.
Chances are they will not be familiar with the bulk of what is laid out here.
What should you do in the meantime? You should witness to the lost, hand out gospel tracts, and keep scanning the skies for the Day when we will be taken out in the Pretribulation Rapture.
Keep looking for that BLESSED HOPE!
“Looking for that blessed hope, and the glorious appearing of the great God and our Saviour Jesus Christ;” Titus 2:13 (KJV)
The post False Prophecy Group ‘End Times Prophecies’ Predicts The End Of The World Tonight! appeared first on Now The End Begins.